Friday 20 May 2011

Floor Plan Process

These are some sketches I had for the last tutorial trying to sort out a better floor plan. I am trying to get a flow going through the building through forms that are not blocky or repetitive. Also, I have changed the windows of the building. Previously they made the building look to similar to the folie. Evn though I had to turn my folie into a building, my building proposal didn't have to look like the folie, yet it had to take concepts from the folie. THe large fropnt window frames the view that the level is facing. With views such a large aspect of the building, the previous design with small windows facing everywhere didn't seem to fit the concept. The small window jsut weren't doing these fantastic views any justice.




The biggest change so far is the the 360 bar. I looked back at my olf plans, and woundered why is my 360 bar a rectangle. So I have moved it to the back of the level so the views are still the main aspect of the floor plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment